Fairfax Health is committed to ensuring that our patients get the care they need, regardless of ability to pay for that care. Providing health care to those who cannot afford to pay is part of our mission and state law requires hospitals to provide free or discounted care to eligible patients. You may qualify for free or discounted care based on family size and income, even if you have health insurance.
If you think you may have trouble paying for your health care, please talk with us. When possible, we encourage you to ask for financial help before receiving medical treatment.
What Is Covered? For emergency and other appropriate hospital-based services, including outpatient services at Fairfax Health, we provide free care and financial assistance/charity care to eligible patients on a sliding fee scale basis, with discounts ranging from 75 – 100%.
No patient eligible for financial assistance/charity care will be charged more than amounts generally billed to patients who have insurance.
How to Apply: Any patient may apply to receive financial assistance/charity care by submitting an application and providing supporting documentation. If you have questions, need help, or would like to receive an application form or more information, please contact us:
- When you are checking in or checking out of the hospital;
- By telephone: 425-821-2000 (Ask to speak to a Financial Counselor)
- Download the Financial Assistance Application below and mail or bring in person
- In person: 10200 NE 132nd, Kirkland, WA 98034
- To obtain documents via mail free of charge: Fairfax Hospital Business Office at 425-821-2000
- If English is Not Your Primary Language: Translated versions of the application form are below in Spanish, Khmer, Korean, Laotian, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and Vietnamese. The financial assistance policy and this summary are also available in translated versions upon request.
Coverage assistance: You may be eligible for Medicaid. We can help you learn whether this program can help cover your medical bills. We can help you apply for this program.
Uninsured discounts: We offer a discount for patients who do not have health insurance coverage. Please contact us about our discount program.
Payment options: Any balance for amounts owed by you is due at or before discharge. The balance can be paid in any of the following ways: credit card, cash, check, or online bill pay at the payment link above. If you need a payment plan, please speak with the Financial Counselor prior to leaving the hospital or call the number on your billing statement.
Thank you for trusting us with your care.