Inpatient Treatment for Drug and Alcohol Addiction
Our 21 to 28-day program is designed to optimize care with minimal disruption to patients’ lives.
- Treatment includes:
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Motivational interviewing programming
- Optional AA meetings
The focus is on building a sober support network, anticipating potential relapse scenarios and creating strategies for staying clean and sober.
The Rehab Unit
Located on the Fairfax Behavioral Health Monroe Campus and serving residents from all over Washington State, the Rehab Unit at Fairfax Behavioral Health includes an interdisciplinary team consisting of physicians, nurses and chemical dependency counselors who collaborate to provide care for patients after completion of detox from alcohol and narcotic substances. The Rehab Unit provides medical stabilization after completion of detox for adult patients (18+ years of age) on a voluntary basis.
Unit-based programming is designed and tailored to meet the individual needs of patients receiving care for substance abuse, and patients are encouraged to partner with the interdisciplinary team in their care. Family, friends and other supportive resources in the patients’ lives are encouraged to provide needed support and assistance to aid in the successful recovery of our patients.
Patients admitted to the Rehab Unit at Fairfax Behavioral Health are processed through the Intake department. Lengths of stay are dependent upon the individual patient’s diagnoses and are affected by comorbidities and complexities of the patient.
Some of our insurances accepted include:
- Kaiser Med Advantage
- Kaiser PPO
- Groups aimed at assisting patients in developing necessary coping skills for relapse prevention
- Medication education
- Recreational therapy
- Coping skills
- Skills necessary for successful reintegration into the community after discharge
Patients admitted to the Rehab Unit are evaluated upon admission and reassessed on a continuous basis throughout their hospitalization. A holistic approach is used to assess patients.
Our Assessment and Treatment
- History of present illness/substance abuse
- Physical assessment
- Risk and safety assessment
- Psychosocial assessment
- Dietary consultation
- Alcohol and narcotic substance post-withdrawal stabilization
- Discharge planning and referral to the next level of care
The holistic care of the patients is the responsibility of the interdisciplinary team which includes:
- Social workers
- Substance use disorder professionals
- Certified nursing assistants
- Talk therapies including CBT, DBT, motivational interviewing, relapse prevention
- Recreational therapists
- Gym and physical training
- Other ancillary staff and consultative services
Patients will also have access to a gym that is for Fairfax patients only and can often meet with a trainer to provide additional assistance and suggestions for appropriate workouts.
Morning breathing and stretching classes are also available on most days for interested participants.